Musings on R.D Molefe (Part 2)



In my continued effort to build my appreciation of poeticism in my mother tongue, I hereby share this poem by R.D. Molefe. As if to throw me into the throngs of politicised thought, I read the following poem after I had already decided on which poem to upload, and now I have changed my mind. I hope it gets you thinking as much as it did with me.

SOURCE: nourishingfoodways.com

Motse-mogolo wa Mošate, Botswana. 

- a poem by R.D. Molefe

Maabane ke feta ka Mafikeng, 
Motlotlegi Fawcus a ntaetsa, 
A re , "Mpiletse Seretse a itlhaganele, 
A tle a utlwe phetolo ya kwa Moseja, 
Ya kgang tsa maloba a di nthoma, 
Ba Pusokgolo ba iteela mafoko. 
Ba re ke huduse Mošate kwa Mafikeng, 
Ke o rwale ke o ise Gaborone, 
Ke o huduse kwa ntle ga tiego. 
Kwa Gaborone metsi a tla bonala, 
Ngotwane a kgala  re tla epa didiba. 
Madi a teng ga re bolo go a baya, 
Re letile khunou ya kwa Serowe, 
Ka ke ene mojaboswa wa Botswana. 


As if in some wicked tongued cut of irony, these lines:

Kwa Gaborone metsi a tla bonala, 
Ngotwane a kgala  re tla epa didiba. 

Are now much like the philosophies of Nostradamus. I am not one to get into these things but I feel this beauty must be shared. I shall- perchance - write a response to this soon. 

Of all the things in life I need, This I Knead.

Share With Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The heat before the kitchen... (Where to start?)

A Situational Tragedy