In the water, not in the blood

Two Baked Breads on Brown Wooden Surface


Dear one time friend,

Your brother is a rape apologist
It's not in his blood, it's in his head;
for, being a 'friend', he can't resist
fighting battles of he said, he said.

Invite me for dinner but don't feel the need
to explain away your shame, or that he lacks
the eyes to see and ears to hear our plea
Just wait until his smile finally cracks.

When I look at that boy - whose lips can't be unkissed -
with shoulders hanging heavy with dread
hearing lies about himself with every turn and twist
I think, 'Could it have been me instead?'

So, among your family garden, he is the weed
with which you all choose to coexist
but know this well and clear indeed,
your brother is a rape apologist;
you'd do well to keep him away from me. 



Of all the things in life I need, This I Knead.

Share With Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The heat before the kitchen... (Where to start?)

A Situational Tragedy

A poem for Lame.