A Situational Tragedy




I confronted my fears and became the serpent
you said you knew me to be.
I dislocated my mouth to hold your words,
and still they wouldn't call it home.

My mother's tongue is foreign - now.
My father's brow is lighter - now.
My bedtime song is more sombre - now.
Your eyes, I guess, are less distracted - now.

What I wouldn't have done for myself I did for you.
What I wouldn't have given for love I gave for you.
What I would have had for life I surrendered to you.

What I would have been,
Where I could have been,
How I could have been,
Still leaves no blame with you - no fault - even now.

I have no words for
I have no face for
I have no voice for
I gave it all to you. 

Of all the things in life I need, This I Knead.

Share With Me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The heat before the kitchen... (Where to start?)

A poem for Lame.